WELCOME to Third Grade. Here are some of the highlights to remember throughout the year.
I will update our 3rd-grade families with announcements and homework for the week. The SPECIALS Class Schedule, as well as the Reading Wonders Unit Spelling Word and Vocabulary Lists, are also found on the Web site. There is a link for helpful websites such as Kahoot.com, Quizlet.con, and other websites that correspond with the 3rd-grade curriculum too.
We have six folders in 3rd grade. The HOME folder will be brought home DAILY with any homework sheets or other relevant information. The completed class work sent home should be taken out of the folder. Please review this work with your child if needed. The TEST folder will contain weekly tests and graded papers. PLEASE be sure to SIGN, REVIEW, and RETURN all tests promptly. I will file all tests and graded work for the year.
The YELLOW folder is for MATH worksheets. The RED folder is for ILA worksheets, which include Reading, Spelling, and English, and Writing. The BLUE folder is for Science and Social Studies worksheets. We will use the ORANGE folder for Embryology: Our Chick hatching project.
Please CHECK your child’s Catholic Planner DAILY for HOMEWORK and BEHAVIOR. If you send me a note, please ask your child to show it to me in the morning. You will find a copy of the CURSIVE Alphabet inside the back cover if needed for writing. Your child will use cursive script for most of their written work in 3rd grade.
PLEASE SEND A HEALTHY SNACK DAILY
We need TISSUES; PAPER TOWELS; AND BABY WIPES.
If you would like to donate any of these items, I would REALLY APPRECIATE it!!
Xtramath.org. This is a GREAT way to review addition/subtraction/multiplication/division basic facts. IT ONLY TAKE 10 MINUTES A DAY!! The website starts with addition, and when they finish addition, it moves on to subtraction then multiplication then division. You can change it to multiplication if you would like to by using the HELP option.
Here is an excellent website: mathplayground.com : click on 3rd grade: monster multiplication or monster division to review mult/div basic facts 2’s – 9’s
Third Grade Supplies
- 2 two-pocket folders (pockets on bottom) (Take Home & Test Folder)
- 4 two -pocket plain color folders (1 RED spelling; 1 YELLOW math; 1 BLUE science/S.S.; 1 ORANGE Embryology)
- 5 SHARPENED #2 pencils 2 glue sticks scissors
- NOTE: Pencils, Glue Sticks , and Dry Erase Markers need replaced OFTEN! STOCK UP!
- 1 package of crayons (24 count) 1 highlighter 1 pink eraser
- pencil sharpener ruler multiplication flash cards
- 2 dry erase marker and small sock or rag for eraser
- NOTE: ALL supplies must fit in a SOFT PENCIL CASE BAG ( NO METAL PENCIL BOXES)
- PLEASE LABEL everything with a permanent marker including gym uniforms
- 1 EXTRA LARGE book sock to put on back of seat to hold pencil bag and flashcards
- 2 LARGE book socks to cover textbooks
- 1 one subject black/white hard cover notebook (50 cents at Wal-Mart)
- 1 box of tissues
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 container of baby wipes